This international conference is devoted to all aspects of compact stars and related fields, such as physics of dense matter, nuclear astrophysics, pulsars and binary neutron stars, gravitational physics and cosmology. This year the event is organized by the Wigner Research Centre for Physics of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, the largest physics research center in Hungary.
The scientific program includes plenary talks from invited speakers as well as standard talks chosen from the abstracts of registered participants by the organizing committee. The plenary talks will group around six main topics as follows,
- Equation of State of Hot and Dense Matter
- Neutronstar evolution and Neutronstar cooling
- Nucleosynthesis and Supernova Physics
- Pulsars and Observation
- Magnetars and Gamma Ray Bursts
- Gravitational Waves, Cosmology and Alternative theories
Conference Plenary speakers:
- Mehmet Ali Alpar (Sabanci University)
- Nils Anderson (University of Southampton)
- Almudena Arcones (Darmstadt TU)
- Maria Grazia Bernardini (INAF - Osservatorio Astronomico di Brera)
- Fiorella Burgio (INFN Catania)
- Valeria Ferrari (Universita di Roma La Sapienza)
- Francesca Gulminelli (LPC Caen France)
- Oleg Kargaltsev (The George Washington University)
- Kostas Kokkotas (Eberhard-Karls University of Tubingen)
- Andrew Melatos (University of Melbourne)
- Sandro Merghetti (INAF, IASF-Milano)
- Rosalba Perna (Stony Brook University)
- Jose Pons (Universitat d'Alacant)
- Michele Punturo (INFN Perugia)
- Chihiro Sasaki (FIAS - University of Frankfurt)
- Andreas Schmitt (TU Wien)
Registration procedure (very important!)
The Conference fee is 290 €.
Since the conference will be at Hotel Mercure Buda we have special prizes for the participants, which are 72 €/night for single room and 82 €/night for double room in case of four nights stay and includes breakfasts. The buffet lunch at the hotel costs 23 €/day.
The conference dinner will be at Borkatakomba and its cost is included in the conference fee for participants, while it is 45 € for accompanying persons.
Bus starts from Hotel Mercure Buda